My Left Foot - The Story of Christy Brown (1989)

 

My Left Foot - The Story of Christy Brown (1989)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Left_Foot_(film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097937/

I've  got one more good reason to watch one movie a day. To keep this blog active..

 Today after an early sleep yesterday night, woke up late mid night, 2.00 a.m. to be precise. I sat down to watch a movie, searching for a movie, i came a cross lots of choice, but this movie was a suggestion from a good friend of mine since a long time, i decided to watch it.

 As my mentor used to say, the introduction of the movie is what keeps the audience hooked to the movie, i never realized its importance till i watched this one. I even discovered myself, how much a movie can make u get hooked to it, when things happened out of control, In less than a minute that the movie started, i started regretting for keeping this movie on a hold for such a long time! its me more than months, i can say close to an year! and even understood wat my mentor said, there is a huge difference between having a movie n watching it.:-( Somebody cast a spell and tadan! my decade old " Super Computer " (as my friends describe it) got hanged, I somehow couldn wait watching so restarted it, I never imagined dramatic things happen in life, once everything was back to normal n i played the dvd, there goes the power cut, its late night or early morning  watever u call 3.15 a.m. i sat on my chair n had a power nap. n watched the movie successfully by dawn facing all these obstacles n my mind craving to watch the fulll movie, i had some sleep til i woke up n started writing even before brushing my teeth.
Guess the post is becoming lengthier, let me get back to the movie.
Daniel Day-Lewis won almost every award in that year for his acting in this movie.Academy Awards, Golden globe awards, BAFTA awards, and many  more, this  film swept numerous awards for supporting actor, best screen play, best motion picture and many more...
This movie has its own style, cant say which part to appreciate in this movie, the acting of daniel day lewis is mind blowing. even thou i know that as an audience it'll make u feel pity for him, some times in sequences where he takes the chalk n writes the words "mother" with his left foot will fioll your eyes with tears, and not to forget his way of speech n the painting skill of the character is thrilling, this movie is based on the autobiography by irish painter poet author and painter who had suffered from cerebral plasy. the characterization is a perfect match to the characteristics of each character.
I suggest watching it, might impress u the way i got impressed


Comments

Popular Posts