Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) (Hindi)

 
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) (HINDI)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDLJ
Hmmm.. I used to wonder why they call some movies as classics, today i got a clear definition of my own...
so here it is.. classic is a kind of movie from which many adopt scenes, stories or songs from... if i had knew about this movie before n watched it, i could say it was like compressing many movies n watching  it together.. I was wondering whats that special in this movie which set a record of running continuously for more than 750 weeks in a theater in Mumbai..
I used to scratch my head whenever any of my friends ask why do Bollywood movies have so many songs in movies i just used to say it was a tradition ( i'm not that great fan of Bollywood movies, so was not aware of what they were talking about..). I got to know why... the movie started and here it starts, two songs in less than 15 minutes! and the movie is for 3 hours. As even i am not used to watch movies of that length in a single stretch.. ( I watched Lagaan movie for the whole week...!!!) i started feeling when the movie was about to get completed, even kept praying that i should not face power cut again.. after reading about my movie watching style written by my friend on the buzz, decided to watch it on the same day. Coming back to the film topic, the movie was very predictable for me, as the plot has been adopted by many of the film makers, i started feeling bored...
I think, its like the good ol' Bollywood movies with the most common theme, Boy meets Girl on a journey n they both fall in love, n the usual same old drama through out the movie.. This movie can make u feel like u compressed a whole lot of movies in Bollywood n watched it together. u might like it if u are a big fan of SRK. :)

Comments

Popular Posts